We comply with, and respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles. For more information, visit www.oaic.gov.au.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information. That may include:
- your name, residential, mailing and email addresses;
- your date of birth, gender, age, purchase history, income, occupation, hobbies and interests;
- your purchasing history including details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
How we collect your Personal Information
We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may collect personal information from you when you:
- order goods that require delivery;
- apply for finance (which is provided by a third party);
- contact us or ask for further information;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Freedom Wardrobes;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- register your details on our web site;
- ask for a quote to be prepared or book a consultation;
- express interest in a particular Freedom Wardrobes service; or
- submit a job application or résumé.
If you do not provide this information we may not be able to provide the goods or services that you have requested from us. We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, and other government agencies.
Other information we may collect
For statistical purposes we collect anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, most popular session times). We use this data to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you.
Our website uses Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and the Google Display Network together to serve ads to you on other websites after you have visited our website. This practice is known as remarketing and is a tool that Google offers to businesses. If you would like to know more about the program, you can find out more here. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google, you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including click throughs from email marketing), we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
We use tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimize our site and create a better online experience for you. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, and other government agencies.
How we use and disclose your Personal Information
We use your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we may use and disclose personal information:
- to complete a transaction in store or online via our website, and to deliver products and services;
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives;
- to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You are able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time;
- for planning, marketing or research purposes;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing Personal Information to parties involved in a prospective or actual transfer of some or all of our assets, business or shares.
- we have your express, inferred or implied consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
- we need to send your information to companies that are contracted to Freedom Wardrobes e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. assemblers, repairers), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
We will also disclose your personal information to our third party finance partners where you have applied for finance. Please be aware that these finance providers have their own privacy and credit policies that apply to any Personal Information that you or we provide to them
We may use the Personal Information that you provide to us to send you information to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest to you. We may send these communications to you through a variety of channels. You will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time, see below for additional information).
We do not normally disclose any of your personal information outside Australia unless you specifically request it. We normally store all personal information that we have collected within Australia.
Access and correction
Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can request access to the Personal Information we hold about you at any time. Should you wish to access this information or your information changes or you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. We may request additional information to identify you before providing any access or changing or correcting any Personal Information. In some instances, charges may apply, and we will let you know of any costs before they are incurred. We will not charge for simply making the request or correcting your Personal Information. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal (except if it is unreasonable to do so).
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.freedomwardrobes.com.au are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave Freedom Wardrobes’ site. Freedom Wardrobes is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
We may use your Personal Information to provide information about us and our services to you. At Freedom Wardrobes we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. In the case of direct marketing you are able to “opt out” at any time, for any reason. Opting out means that you would like to be removed from all of our mailing lists. You can do so online or by contacting our Privacy Officer on the details below.
Freedom Wardrobes is committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access modification or disclosure. If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
You may make a complaint to us if you are unhappy about how we have dealt with your Personal Information by contacting us using the details set out below. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receiving it.
If you remain unsatisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
PO BOX 457
Willoughby NSW 2148
Changes to this policy